Video marketing is a crucial part of a marketing campaign. Video is more engaging, more memorable, and among internet users it is the most popular type of content you can post.
By 2020 it is estimated that video will make up more than 80% of all consumer internet traffic, in the U.S. video will make up 85%.
Currently nearly half of all internet users look online for a video related to the products and services they are interested in prior to even visiting a business/store.
Here are a few more reasons why your business must incorporate video into your marketing strategy now.
- 78% of people watch online videos every week, 55% view online videos every day. (HubSpot)
- YouTube is the second most trafficked site (after Google.) (Alexa)
- One minute of video is worth 1.8 million words. (Forrester Research)
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video, compared to only 10% when reading it in text. (Wirebuzz)
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and image content combined. (Wordstream)
- Including video on landing pages can increase conversion rates by 80%. (Unbounce)
- Shoppers who view demo videos are 1.81 times more likely to make a purchase than non-viewers. (Adobe)
- 4 times as many consumers would rather watch a video about a product, rather than read about it. (eMarketer)
- Companies that use videos in their marketing have 27% higher clickthrough rate and 34% higher conversion rates than those that don’t. (Buffer)
- Using the word “video” in an email subject line was found to increase open rates by 19% and clickthrough rates by 65%. (HubSpot)
- 52% of marketers say video is the type of content with the best ROI. (HubSpot)
- Video ads have an average clickthrough rate of 1.84%, the highest of all digital ad formats. (Business Insider)
- Brands that use video marketing grow their year-over-year revenue 49% faster than brands that don’t. (Wirebuzz)
- Blog posts that incorporate video attract three times as many inbound links as blog posts without video. (Moz)
- 53% of smartphone users feel more favorable towards companies whose mobile sites or apps provide instructional video content. (Google)
- On average, people spend 2.6x more time on pages with video than without. (Insivia)
- Before reading any text, 60% of site visitors will watch a video if one is available. (Single Grain)
- 45% of people watch more than an hour of Facebook or YouTube videos a week. (HubSpot)
- 100 million hours of video are watched each day on Facebook. (TechCrunch)
- Facebook videos receive 135% more organic reach on average than a Facebook photo. (Socialbakers)
Incorporating video into your marketing strategy generates some serious ROI, not to mention the fact that people want to see videos. In fact, 43% of people want more video content.
It’s not as difficult, complicated, or expensive as you think to create video content.
- 33% of viewers will stop watching a video after 30 seconds, 45% by one minute, and 60% by two minutes. (Ad Age)
- Nearly two-thirds of consumers prefer video under 60 seconds. (Insivia)
(See a full list of these statistics and more at Biteable)
VISIT THE SOURCE ARTICLE
Author: Laura Donovan